[mslee's thoughts] Can We Love Episode 1 Review


When I started watching this drama live on Monday via JTBC site I never knew what's in store for me. Actually I haven't seen teasers until I posted the cast of the drama in my blog. All I know is that Eugene and Uhm Tae Woong play the lead characters. But then I saw also that Kim Yu Mi and Choi Jung Yoon are in the drama.

The synopsis is so little I can't really tell the characters of each one. So starting the drama, again last night when I found a subbed one, finally I understand the concept. It's hard to conclude or assume the scenes when there's no sub so I delayed my post about this drama.

Let me start to introduce the three women who will show us the different struggles they will face in the drama. These three are friends since school days. 

Eugene as Yoon Jung Wan is a divorcee with a son Han Tae Kyuk. She separated with her husband, Han Joon Mo [Shim Hyun Tak] who is a professor not because he is not nice but too nice to always be there for his family neglecting that his sole responsibilities now is his own family. It was described that he is always the guarantor on his sister's loans. So I believe, it is an issue because it affects them financially. She decided to divorce him last year but remained good friends.  She is a writer but for a while now she has not got any contract from companies she is submitting her works. For the mean time, to ease their condition, she works part time at a grocery without her mother's knowledge. her mother has been living with her. 

Kim Yu Mi as Kim Sun Mi has a successful career as interior designer. She often graces the television for her designs. She is single at 40 and I think she has been looking for love but not found one yet. A little skeptical about relationship but liberated enough to go in for casual relationship even with younger boys in hope that one day she will find one who will marry her. The sad thing though is that her latest relationship was a lie from the start and she only knew it by chance. She did the design in his apartment but he only indulged her but he was a kiss and tell one, mocking her behind her back. What a way to find out the truth! It really pains her because I think she invested enough feelings for this guy. The irony of the situation is that one dongsaeng who is working for her company is really in love with her and begging her to love him back. But she told him to stop feeling that way. Personally, I love this guy, Choi Yoon Seok [Park Min Woo] because he cared for her honestly.

Choi Jung Yoon as Kwon Ji Hyun. I am interested in her character and what happened in her past. She married a well off guy Lee Gyu Sik [Nam Sung Jin] that treats her nicely. She has a daughter and a son. [i'm not sure if the daughter is her husband's or not...] She is living a very good life from the outside and from people's perspective. But they don't know how she suffers the mother in law's treatment of her. The mother in law is living with them and I think she doesn't approve of her from the start coming from a struggling family. She hides her difficulties and just ignore her frustrations. A tough life to live if I were to tell. And to top it off, her daughter is having her own problems without her knowing. She is drinking alcohol/liqour. There is a cold misunderstanding between them and Lee Se Ra [Jin Ji Hee] the daughter seems angry at her mother. Maybe she knew what her mother is going through but is not doing anything about it. and that pisses her off as a daughter. Her husband Gyu Sik is clueless or maybe just a "mama's boy" so he refused to care of what is happening under his nose.

These three women have very interesting lives. The friendship remains through out the years. Kim Sun Mi has a temper among the three of them but I think it's because she has lived alone. Or maybe just straight forward. Yoon Jung Wan has a cheerful personality despite her financial problems. While Kwon Ji Hyun hasn't forgotten An Do Young [Kim Sung Su] her ex-boyfriend who is now a successful CEO of a company where Jung Wan is currently submitting her works. They started on a misunderstanding when he brought her to a hotel just like the previous company owner she first came to. That one tried to molest her assuming she is an easy lay for a divorcee. Jung Wan was very vocal about her thoughts towards Do Young and not hear his attempt explanations until Oh Kyung Soo [Uhm Tae Woong] appeared and she was speechless and embarrassed of her tirade. He is a known director and she is supposed to work for him. I found the scene funny although predictable. 

So far, the drama showed a good episode and the scenes are promising. Acting wise, the actors gave a good performance. I like the way the story is moving, fast, abrupt yet absorbing. I never felt bored the entire episode. I am intrigue how and when these three women find their happiness at love.

I will give this drama some more of my time in the next episodes to come. Hoping I will continue to post screen caps and reviews. Will share my next thoughts soon.

mslee1107

Comments

  1. Sunbae, what about One Warm Word (http://www.gooddrama.net/korean-drama/one-warm-word) ?
    I want to watch Joo Ji Hoon's the Devil first though, and then this one cause Ji Jin Hee's in it. Watched Ji Jin Hee's Man Who cant get married, initially watched it for Yoo Ah In, but became fond of Jin Hee and Uhm Jung Hwa......

    am having a writers block here Sunbae :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did try warm word but i guess the first episode lacks that inviting vibe for me. you should try Prime Minister and I, i was surprised when I marathon it the other night. it was really fun and entertaining. you will like the story. and of course, currently i am hooked by Man From The Stars. really good.chemistry is daebak!:))

    i think this drama can we love is promising. love the three characters of the women here and greta acting, too. well, but i will have a problem soon making reviews and caps with Inspiring Generation coming next week! chincha! it's his comeback and the drama is big budgeted! hahahahaha...

    thanks for always dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. otoke not to drop by Sunbaeeee :DD

    oh jeongmal yo Sunbae, ... i tried to skim read Warm's Sooompi thread and so many daebak comments though..

    but whoooooooooaa... Man from the Stars... has Superman sceneee... waaaaaaaaaaaa I wanna watch Sunbaeeee....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review