[mslee's thoughts] When A Man Falls In Love - Watching for the Second Time Brought The Same Feelings



The drama that brought different reactions and hatred towards the heroin from the viewers is now airing via local station and many friends have already asked me if it was a good drama. They knew I am a k-drama addict and most dramas I already watched while airing in Korea. My answer is, if you want to fall in love, then you will fall in love with the main character who is renamed Anthony Han aka Han Tae Sang. But I also prepared them to watch with an open mind and try not to judge the girl called Mia Seo aka Seo Mi Do. She is not your ordinary leading lady. Her character is not as it seemed to be. To say that she is a no good cheater without understanding her predicament and the circumstances that made her act on her decisions is so easy.

Again, I am watching it to confirm if what my thoughts then will still be the same. Dubbed in our language, it is more clear that her character really did fall in love with Jake Lee aka Lee Jae Hee. And his pursuit of her which irritated me most then is what I am feeling also this time. I still believe he is to blame for making her cheat on her boyfriend. 

Cheating is something that is very hard to forgive. It can not be tolerated. But I think that the story is full of misunderstanding and lack communication that led to poor judgement on Mia's side. Maybe if Song Seung Hun is not the lead actor, some will say that all is fair in love and war. But of course, viewers are biased and tend to pity the lead actor, so there's no chance for Jake to appeal to the viewers that he is also a man who falls in love.

Like what I wrote in my final thoughts at episode 20 of the drama, if the viewers will see the similarity of the story of Mia and Anthony's mother who left her sons to be with another man, both committed the act of cheating. Personally, Anthony's mom had done much worse because she was already a married woman with kids, still she left. The story is telling me as a viewer that if there's a chance to forgive the mother, there is also a chance to forgive Mia.

Anyway, more will happen in the story. The last I saw was Anthony finally broke the relationship with Mia. He let her go. She was still skeptical, afraid  that he is not sincere in his decisions and that he may put danger in her life. She has the right to think so, because she knew him when he was still a thug. And even if he changed for the better, some unanswered questions remain in her mind that put doubts on him.

I think watching it again only made it clear to me that I can hate Mia but at the same time understand her. Maybe I have an open mind or just foolish to be romantic and hope for a happy ending. Who doesn't want a happy ending when the man is seriously in love with you?

The drama has some flaws like others. But I think the writer gave some twist in the story to make the viewers react with so much passion. And I think she got what she was aiming for and at the same time send message to learn from it. The story also put a choice between choosing career or personal growth and love. Which should we choose? Which is important? Which one can wait?

Watching WAML again brought the same feelings to me. Same opinions, same perspective. Mine can be different from others but I discovered that my initial response and understanding of the story  stays the same.

Just sharing my thoughts...

mslee1107

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review