[mslee's thoughts] Saying Goodbye to Emergency Couple


Not all good things last. Right. Because however beautiful and fun and interesting Emergency Couple is, the final episode would surely come. 21 episodes yet it feels like it is not enough and I want more. 

The journey of the Oh couple from being divorced, estranged and meeting again as interns in the hospital is something that made a viewer like me join the ride and follow them waiting for that moment when love would rekindle. It is not all romance, there are tough situations, there were Ah Reum and Chief Gook to make the story more interesting. I found myself giggling at some funny moments between Chief Gook and Oh Jin Hee, hyperventilating on their chemistry. Ah Reum is not the typical second lead who sometimes makes me cringe or hate but she was sweet and rational and understood where Oh Chang Min's feelings are.

I also love Shim Ji Hye, the lovely doctor at the side, always smiling charmingly and seemed amused of Chief Gook's predicament but inside just hiding her real feelings. She is not the selfish type but a real friend to Chief Gook. I think I love the writer for creating these beautiful characters and presenting them as real as anyone about handling their emotions. I love the dialogues, the awkwardness, the amazing moments between the characters.The way medical drama was shown, one would sometimes feel lost at the medical terms that usually becomes boring and dull for viewers, but Emergency Couple made it a fun watch for me.

The final episode wraps up all the loose ends. I love how the writer did not force the reconciliation between Jin Hee and ChangMin. Although they have become closer and romance is in the air, but I like how they are taking their time and just letting love find its way or guide them to whenever or whatever will be for the both of them. There is no rush, still, it leaves a feeling of completeness and closure to the story.

I love how Chief Gook finally settled his feelings for Jin Hee. It is a good start to realizing how much Shim Ji Jye means to him. And he is willing to wait. The parting scene at the airport is beautiful, full of promise and once again, the writer somehow conveyed where  their story will end. They just need time to move on and wait for the right time to love again.

The chaos in the emergency room with Jin Hee in the middle capturing what is happening around her and realizing that life can not be perfect and accidents do happen,  literally or figuratively is a good ending for the drama. Both Chang Min and Jin Hee's narration are something to ponder.For me, I think the ending scene is a perfect scene for the title Emergency Couple, showing what lies ahead of their life together.

Ah...it is time to say goodbye to a drama that I have grown to love, to characters that endears to me, and to weekends I came to wait. Personally, I think rare are dramas that continuously develop characters and maintaining that level of interest from viewers until the very end. Emergency Couple's ending is beautiful.

Anyeong!

mslee1107

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review