[mslee's thoughts] Episode 12 A New Leaf - Review

A NEW LEAF-P1.jpg


I want to make a continuous recap of the drama but I am lost about the financial and legal side of the story. I can follow what is happening but it is really difficult for me to share my own interpretation of what is happening step by step. I'm not confident if I can relay exactly what is happening.

So I will just share the over view of the drama and how it is progressing as of now. From episode 10 there has not much development besides Sung Jun being the "fall guy" in the problems brewing in the family company, Yurim Group. She confessed to having a direct action and decision on what has happened to the money in the company. She did it thinking her family would bail her soon after selling their Yurim Energy to pay off the creditors.

Oh I hope I am right in what I am saying here. To cut the story short, Seok Joo was the one who suggested selling CP's but because he has memory lapsed, he can't find the reason why he did that. Cha Young Woo let him off the case. Seok Joo was concerned of Jung Sun. However he was able to convince her that she should confess to what was her real participation in the mess and take back her first confession about knowing what really happened. the court granted her release through bail.


Seok Joo handed his resignation at the same time Jeon Ji Won walked in the company. Lee Ji Yeon was sad that Kim Seok Joo left. Since after her first case, she was a bit down and she was not like she used to be in the presence of Seok Joo. Maybe the appearance of Sung Jun has something to do with why she kept a distance form Seok Joo.


The people who lost their invested money filed collective law suit against Yurim Group. In the side, Seok Joo is reviewing the case and talking with some of the people but taking a back seat not accepting the case. However, he is interested and in his own way, searching for evidence that will help them.



The case is in Ji Won's hands. He has connections in the judicial department because of his previous works as a judge himself.




I think this will be the case that will establish Kim Seok Joo's new career against Cha Young Woo's firm.


I still like Cha Young Woo's character, the writer is good in portraying him in a vague way. I can't easily judge him if he is a villain or not. But I do like his sophistication in this drama.

I am hoping for a little romance but leaning on towards Seok Joo and Ji Yeon. They have much chemistry than Jung Sun and I believe what they have is more fun and normal than what Seok Joo and Jung Sun had when they commit themselves into a relationship.


The story is not fast paced like other ones I also follow but I do like the theme of the drama. It may be difficult to follow all the legal terms still it is interesting. The relationship of Seok Joo towards his father is also one of my favorite scenes. How it is developing in a positive way is heartwarming. Adding the bromance with Par Sang Tae which is the fun part of every episode is like the breather in the drama.

I think there will be new progress in the upcoming episodes until the story ends.

Actually, this is the kind of story I anticipated with Kim  Myung Min as the actor having watched KOD. So without cliches' I am enjoying the story in a different kind of level.


-mslee1107-





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review