[mslee's thoughts] Temptation Episodes 7 and 8 Screen caps Review

Who is to blame in what's happening in their lives?

In this week's episodes, it is clear that Se Young is provoking not only Seok Hoon for attention but even Hong Joo making her even more jealous of her. I think most will find it in their hearts to blame the wife and root for Se Young [after all, outside the story, this is a reunion of one of the most popular couple in k-drama, which I also like] but I can't find within me to justify Se Young's actions towards Seok Hoon and confessing her feelings to him. Maybe it's mutual as Seok Hoon has confessed, but it all stop there. He has been battling it within him and the story has shown how he tried not to be affected by Se Young's presence. But of course, it is not easy for him. There is clearly attraction between them. I like how Seok Hoon weighs his emotions and how he thinks of Hong Joo.

For me, as a viewer in this very interesting love affair, I do blame Hong Joo for having her trust on her husband so frail. But if I am the wife, in her shoes, I think I would also feel threatened every day. The mere fact that Seok Hoon did not cut the communication with Se Young continues to haunt Hong Joo. It continues to hurt her and her pride as the wife who can't do anything for her husband but give up on life. I think this is what makes Hong Joo angry of the situation and of Seok Hoon. She can trust her husband but she can  not trust Se Young. Who in their right mind would trust a beautiful and wealthy CEO who is not afraid to show her feelings to her husband? The fact that Seok Hoon met and work for her makes Hong Joo not only jealous but insecure. I think if Seok Hoon really gives Hong Joo comfort in their relationship, he should not have worked for Se Young. But of course, in the process, he does need it too to know his real feelings for Se Young.

I think I am blaming Se Young for her actions. She knows he is married, knew how the Hong Kong incident made a dent in the couple's marriage, still when Seok Hoon worked for her, she let him know about her feelings for him. She is not backing out. I wonder where she wants it to lead? Does she really wants to be the reason a marriage fall apart? I wonder how far she wants to go in search for love.

When Seok Hoon went to countryside to look for the woman who cooks the soup the CEO of M Hotel wants to eat, Se Young went with him. When Seok Hoon was talking with his wife on the phone, she never hide the fact that she was with him, calling him regardless of Hong Joo hearing her voice. I think that time, she should have not made it look as if there is something going on with them. She definitely made it appear so Hong Joo will know. 

If I were his wife, I don't think I can be calm at that moment, knowing my husband is with the woman who wants him. Hong Joo is not in the league of Se Young. She is not as tough as she is. She easily crumples. 

The moment she called Min Woo, I think it is not because she wants to have an affair. She just wants someone to share her burden. When she asked him if he wants to sleep with her, I think it is not because he will take her offer but to tell him what happened with her and her husband.. Min Woo realized it was Se Young. I like how he treated Hong Joo with respect. I am sure he likes her, but as of now, he won't do anything to go pass the line of friendship they have.

Kang Min Woo and his wife intrigues me. They live as husband and wife but he never trusts her. I hope the children are all his because I pity the children the most. The son was born when he was already married. Although the son is a treasured child in the family, I also want to say that other children should also be loved by the grandmother. After all it is not the fault of the daughters. They are also Min Woo's children. It is not fair to favor the son, even if he is hurting alone. I hope that the children will come to like each other in the future.

I love the conversation between Se Young and Min Woo. He reminded her that she is buying people and forcing the couple to live separately. I think between the two, Min Woo although a womanizer, has realized what marriage is through Hong Joo and what pains the wife suffers when a husband looks for another woman.

I appreciate Seok Hoon for trying his best to hold on to marriage. But Hong Joo has reached her limit. Her conversation with Se Young at the hospital is like a blow to her self esteem. I like the way she told Se Young that she was rude and shameless. It's true. Hearing another woman talks about her husband and how she wants him is really offending. The way Se Young felt she had to let Seok Hoon go is like a slap to a wife. I am liking the conversations here. At this point, I am with Hong Joo. She is not perfect, she has her part of the blame, she can not forgive her husband, but she is also the wife who was suffering the pain of knowing her husband is attracted to another woman. The thought alone is killing even if there's nothing physical that has happened. But knowing she is on his mind, I think it is not fair.

At this point, the writer has made Se Young show that she could have pursued Seok Hoon if only he let her. 

The divorce was a surprise but I think inevitable. Hong Joo is broken. They needed to separate. I wonder if the story will tell about realizing who they want to be with in the end after overcoming temptation. I don't think there will be happiness in store for both Seok Hoon and Se Young when marriage is destroyed. It will be selfishness on Se Young's part if she knew she is the reason and still find it okay.

This is my personal thoughts and I may not be like others who root for Se Young, but personally this is how I feel so far on the story.


-mslee1107-



Short recap
Episodes 7 and 8


Yoo Se Young and Cha Seok Hoon went together and followed the real CEO of the hotel she wants to buy. To get his approval to have negotiations with her company, they promised to look for the owner of the restaurant who cooks a soup that he missed. This CEO is a sentimentalist as well as conservative. 

The following day Seok Hoon travelled towards the countryside to look for the woman but Se young also joined him. He seemed not comfortable with the idea but Se Young wanted to have a pleasant ride as well. They found the woman but they have to stay overnight until the soup is cooked. 

Meanwhile, Hong Joo got herself a job in the hospital. Small world because her new boss is the gynecologist friend of  Se Young. While Kang Min Woo is also busy trying to find fault in his wife's activities. The wife was being tailed. The children suffers from the arrival of the son of Min Woo and jealousy overriding the emotions of the daughters.

Kang Min Woo learned about the problems of the couple when Hong Joo got drunk. But her remained only as a listener to her. He even talked with Se Young about it when they met.

Seok Hoon gave his resignation to Se Young. He choose to end what is there between them. He will try to convince Hong Joo. But Hong Joo in the end filed for divorce.


Screen caps

Episode 7

















































Episode 8





































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review