[mslee's thoughts] Discovery of Romance [Love] Review


This drama started three weeks ago and truthfully not in my list of "to watch dramas currently", not with FTLY still airing then. I think I have enough dramas to follow regularly that already consumes a lot of my time. But surprisingly, I still found myself nothing to watch one day and decided to give this one a try.

Discovery of Romance/Love is reminiscent of I Need Romance 2 which is one of my favorites. The plot and how the story is being told is somewhat the same. Not the typical story telling but there is the invincible camera or sort of interview in between scenes which mostly occurs when there is something to clarify of ones emotions and feelings.

I love the pairings on this dramas from the former couple Eric and Jung Yu Mi as Kang Tae Ha and Han Yeo Reum, with the second sweet guy Sung Jun as Nam Ha Jin. I can't pick between the two, but if sanity will prevail in me, I would choose Ha Jin any time and any day, which is obviously the logical choice. But then, there is this feelings of "first love/young love" syndrome that always makes the viewers remember what it was like in the old days that connects to the character of Tae Ha, even if he is the bad/clueless guy who hurt the feelings of Yeo Reum.

Then again, I see the lovable and adorable Yoon Hyun Min, which I had just seen in Witch's Romance with the same character, still, he is so perfect in his role as Do Joon Ho, the patient male friend of both Yeo Reum and Yoon Sul [Kim Seul Gi]. I laughed realizing that this girl is also in Surplus Princess and making the group there alive with her frank personality. But in this drama, she is a girl who is just like others, feeling in love but not really receiving the love she deserves from the guy she obsessed. Ah poor girl. And blind, I think for not seeing the perfect oppa for her who is just beside her all the time all these years, the cute Joon Ho.

Anyway, the drama is about past love versus the present one. Yeo Reum has moved on and definitely loving her current boyfriend and really sticking to him despite the appearance of Tae Ha in her life. There was confusion why they broke up in Tae Ha's part but it was clear on Yeo Reum what had gone sour and what he did or particularly not done in their relationship in the past. I think Tae Ha took for granted everything about her and about them that led to Yeo Reum getting tired of the situation. But 5 years is a long time and that was what they had.

But then, Ha Jin has a past he could not forget. A little girl that he cared for a lot who, he still tries to find after all these years of separation. Yoon Jin Yi playing as An A Rim is a cute girl who suddenly crossed paths with Ha Jin and unknowingly was discovered as that little girl in his memory he longed to see again. He kept his identity but the pull of attraction whether as sibling kind or friendship was there between them. The acquaintance turned into friendship that he hid from his girlfriend.  A decision which is not good and that will start a misunderstanding. 

I am liking the flow of the story. Maybe it was not as good as when it started but in the past couple of episodes, I am beginning to really anticipate the scenes and the development of the story. I have a special spot for Kang Tae Ha maybe because I think from his point of view, he was cheated on what went wrong in their past relationship. I think reading from his expressions, he did not really see it coming, the break up from Yeo Reum. Again, classic and typical reaction from a man who does not understand the women and how we think. I guess he is not the only one but most men are like him, clueless.

I am rooting for him and how he will get Yeo Reum to love him back again. Maybe because I see that Ha Jin's feelings is revolving to protecting A Rim which is coming from what he used to have for her during childhood days. The bond is not yet broken.

I am waiting for Joon Ho to realize he likes Yoon Sul not as an oppa/brother but as a man. Hoping Yoon Sul will also see Joon Ho for the cutest guy that he is and the patience he has for her.

First look at the drama Discovery of Love, nice watch. There are still other pairings that will soon discover what romance is for them. The realization is what is exciting in this drama.

And to add..Eric is just so hot!

-mslee1107-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review