[mslee's thoughts] Supporting and Respecting Yoon Eun Hye Of Her Choices

The beautiful face that captured me and my attention way back in Goong days is still this angelic and sweet aura of Yoon Eun Hye we see today as she grazed the YSL event last November 15, 2014.


For the latest news regarding her next project After Love, I have already posted it previously and have always been neutral about the subject or comments surrounding it. For the past years, I have been a fan of her though may not be vocal or not a member of her fan club, because I do have my own bias, still, she has been one of the actresses I have always blogged in my page from the start.

I am very disappointed with some comments then and now from few fans that somehow all these years have felt Yoon Eun Hye has had a series of failed dramas from their point of views and saying that her choices are not getting any better. Reading these, I feel somehow sad that while they say they are a true supporter of her, they can easily say things like these that will surely hurt YEH if she happens to read them one by one.

From Coffee Prince was where it all started for me, really. Watching it then, I have no idea who was this short haired girl that despite lack of make up, still had the power to make me stare at her face, seeing the beauty across the screen. Not only did she has a pretty face, but she seriously acted the role perfectly as what a good actress should had done.

Then I looked for Goong / Princess Hour and that sealed my dedication to follow her career from then on. I am one the late fans of Yoon Eun Hye but stayed a fan all these years. Then came My Fair Lady which I did a short review in my old blog page. Back then I was a newbie when it comes to searching all about K-dramas, K-actor/actress news. I was just writing my thoughts in my page so later on when I learned where to find news, what sites to read, I was surprised how some commented that it was not a good drama. And this was from her fans. So I thought, what was not good about it? Was it the story line?  But how come I really liked it and I remembered vividly how it made me cry and loved the OST of that drama.

Then came Lie To Me, which again some wrote how it was also not a success. Now I wonder if people watch a certain drama for the ratings or for the entertainment and story it has to offer? I wish I stayed one of those who never go to sites and update myself from what's going on, not minding the ratings so I can continue to write my own thoughts regarding the drama, with ignorance of the real K-world buzz. But then , I have always not cared of how people reacted but how I understand and appreciated the drama, even now. And I thought, YEH again is good in this one opposite Kang Ji Hwan. Their chemistry was amazing but then, she has always has this great rapport with her male partner in dramas. From Jun Ji Hoon, Gong Yoo, Hyun Sang Hyun, Kang Ji Hwan, Park Yoo Chun and both Lee Dong Gun and Jung Yong Hwa..

Acting wise, I can say that I Miss You has put her into another level of acting. Still, few fans had written how they did not like the drama so they dropped it like a hot potato! While me. who has my own bias, and still never been an active in example [soompi forum page] YEH page, has stayed, watched, written about the drama and found it beautiful. Now I wonder if my taste is a little weird compared to them? Or am I a failure too at watching a drama that is not worth watching? Sure, it was really draining watching every scenes where she cried as I cried but the development of the drama in my perspective is very well written. There was conviction in the end and second chance at life was what truly the story is all about.

Last is Marry Him If You Dare. Actually I have no problem with this drama. Or how YEH acted her part. It was how the writer choose to change course at the end that made the viewers confuse at what was the real message from the start. But I think, YEH has always been consistent on her acting. She delivers what is asked of her. And I call it versatility and a true actress, despite criticism others throw at her.

Am I a fan or not? Perhaps I can say that I have been one of the silent supporters of YEH from then until now. As for the choices she has made, I could not say if she has issues about them, even if some reported that one or two had been forced on her. Still, I think in every decision she made, as a fan I can only respect it and be happy about it. I can not control her personal choices, because at the end of the day, it is hers alone. I would not want to be one of those who would put doubt on her and her decisions. She should live her life whatever way she like it with choices she makes. That's how YEH can be the actress her fans can watch as she grows and mature more with the paths she chooses to walk on.

AFTER LOVE may be a project that will be the next big thing in her career or not. I can only support her for this one and hope for the best. I am surely not disappointed. In fact, I am looking forward to this. The story may be common but I like to think that YEH as an actress has seen the depth of the story and what learning in life it will leave the audience. Regret is going to be the focal point of the drama as the male lead character reminisce the past.

As a fan writing these thoughts, I can only hope that regret is not something I will wish on YEH for choosing a project or not taking something that she really decides on. Because regrets are for those missed opportunities in life and time is ticking, it can not go back.

Here's hoping that a big opportunity awaits Yoon Eun Hye. Here's wishing her movie will be a success. Here's hoping that she will stay the actress that I have seen first in Coffee Prince. Here's wishing that people will stop judging her for what they only know about her so far. She is an actress and I believe, she knows what she must do with her job better than I am.


this is mslee1107 writing


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review