At last my wish will be granted soon. A new drama for Joo Sang Wook with Lee Min Jung as his lead partner. A few more weeks and it will air via MBC on it's Wed/Thurs time slot replacing Miss Korea. Interesting synopsis, too.
The title of the new drama is Cunning Single Lady. Based on the title, Lee Min Jung will play a role that I have yet to watch. I'm already intrigued on how far she will go to show and get her agenda. I have always loved seeing Joo Sang Wook on the screen. He has this certain charisma he exudes whether he smiles or frowns. I am happy that he will play the lead role again because he really is a good actor.
Cunning Single Lady
- Drama: Cunning Single Lady (literal title)
- Revised romanization:Angkeumhan Dolsingnyeo
- Hangul: 앙큼한 돌싱녀
- Director: Ko Dong-Sun
- Network: MBC
- Episodes: 16
- Release Date: February 26, 2014 --
- Runtime: Wednesdays & Thursdays 21:55
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Ae-Ra (Lee Min-Jung) is focused on her appearance as she believes it will lead her to a better life. She then meets Jung-Woo (Joo Sang-Wook) who studied engineering. They eventually get married, but they also get divorced. After their divorce, Ae-Ra goes through difficult times. Unlike Ae-Ra though, Jung-Woo becomes a successful IT developer and very wealthy. Now, Ae-Ra tries to seduce Jung-Woo to marry her again.
- Drama series will takeover the MBC Wednesdays & Thursdays 21:55 time slot previously occupied by "Miss Korea".
- First script reading took place mid-January, 2014 at Ilsan MBC Dream Centre.
- Joo Sang-Wook - Cha Jung-Woo
- Lee Min-Jung - Na Ae-Ra
- Kim Gyu-Ri - Kook Yeo-Jin
- Seo Kang-Joon - Kook Seung-Hyun (Yeo-Jin's younger brother)
- L - Jung-Woo's secretary
- Hwang Bo-Ra - Kang Min-Young (Ae-Ra's friend)
- Lee Jeong-Kil - President Kook (Yeo-Jin's father)
- Kim Eung-Soo - Ae-Ra's father
- Kim Yong-Hee - Ae-Ra's older brother
- Lee Byung-Joon - Director Oh