[mslee's thoughts] Hello November! Goodbye Scarlet Heart Ryeo [Moonlovers]




My first post after a long while!

For now I will just share my quick reactions after watching episodes 19 and 20 of Scarlet Heart Ryeo [Moonlovers]. It is as if I am starting to write again, my mind's a bit half empty 😜. Well, I really love this drama and for those who have always visited this page I am sure you know how I love tragic endings. It has more impact than "and they live happily ever after" for me. Or maybe I am insane...lol! Always want to have my heart ripped apart and then long for a romance that can not be.

These thoughts were already shared via my Facebook page.
Well. mslee1107 is back from hiatus!


Random thoughts on Scarlet Heart Ryeo


episode 19 of #scarletheartryeo is just so heartbreaking. But my heart goes out to the King. As an outsider i have the full view of what's going on and can understand the characters from their own point of view.
I can feel the pain and the betrayal Wang So felt when truth about Wook and Hae Soo's past caught up with him. Maybe it was not really a big deal anymore, but with things happening between Hae Soo and So, the constraint of their relationship is hard for both of them, that tidbit made a lot of impact on So's trust issues towards Hae So.
It pains me to see him in so much pain. He loved her with all of his heart, made decisions because of her most of the times giving in to his enemies, but seeing her folds her knees and begs for Wook's life is too much to handle for So.
It somehow created a misunderstanding between them and how her love for him seemed fake all this time.
She was supposed to give him strength and support to stay in power and be his happiness after a long day, but then, Yeon Hwa showed what real support is towards So, even if there is a motive behind her every move. Still, she was ready to sacrifice everything even her family. this only showed that she is going to do anything and in turn not turn her back on So.
I think without the decree Jung showed, Yeon Hwa would be tolerating Hae Soo's place by So's side as long as she stays the powerful Queen. But the story ended this way and so my heart squeezes for the pains and sufferings of So.
I envy the closure Hae Soo had with Wook. Setting aside the prejudices i had formed towards him, it was a good closure for them both. it showed how he still loved her and perhaps regretting everything that happened between them. Hae Soo seemed at peace with herself towards her emotions to Wook which I find unfair because So whom she at the very end narrated within herself she loved deeply, she felt only sadness and perhaps bitterness at the outcome of her love.
She was full of regrets towards meeting him...

love should not be a regret. even if it turned sour, it should not be a regretful feeling.
because then it would not be called love.
-mslee1107-
feeling
😭



#scarletheartryeo episode 20
Just like my thoughts previously posted here, I envy the closure Hae Soo had with Wook. Viewers need closure too for her and Wang So. He along with millions of viewers were deprived of that closure. It would have been beautiful if she died in his arms.
Well, I can say that the final episode although heart wrenching is still a beautiful episode. It is a haunting experience for me that will linger for a while. All the characters are unforgettable particularly Baek Ah who remained loyal and true to his brother So until the very end. I also love the final scenes of Wook. In another drama, it said that he has one true love and pertaining not to Hae Soo that both he and So loved. Guess it was his wife who died. It was sad that Wook aged while being exiled to his home. Even a villain like him can capture a viewer's sympathy in the end.
As for So, I cried for his loss, for his greatest love and for the lonely road he took alone when everyone was gone. He was a good King in the story, perhaps left amazing deeds in the history but in the story, he was longing inside. Glad that he met his daughter and realized she was his and Hae Soo. The scene deprived me of seeing him overjoyed and embracing the child but of course, he knew he had to act indifferent to protect the child. After all it was Hae Soo's dying wish. Jung was a good father and I guess, the child was a compensation to his also longing heart for Hae Soo.
Beautiful OST, beautiful cinematography, the story wrapped up nicely [except for my most awaited closure between So and Hae Soo] and amazing cast. It was almost perfect...well, it will of course be on my top list of unforgettable drama. For sure!




watching episode 20 of #scarletheartryeo twice gives me the same feelings of heartache but at the same time I was able to appreciate the ending the second time around. It was really beautifully written. Hauntingly beautiful. That feeling of melancholy lingers even up to this moment I am typing my thoughts.
Regarding the soundtracks of the drama, there was a particular background instrumental, it reminded me of a similar sounds used in the movie Legends of the Fall, another tragic movie I really loved to this day.


in another world
in another lifetime
surely, they will meet again...
[insert FALLEN saga]😉


I guess the ending scene somehow compensate for viewer's aching heart. It left a happy picture of So and Soo. Again this is reminiscent of Six Flying Dragon's romance between Lee Bang Won and Boon Yi whose fate was also destined to be apart but in the ending scene showed the two of them talking, and viewers have to be satisfied with that.

More thoughts on the actors and their characters...


For Lee Jun Ki who acted with so much passion, hats off to you! You were the face of the drama. The very essence why the story was so beautiful. You have conquered the hearts of millions of viewers.

For Kang Ha Neul who portrayed a very complicated character of deviousness, you have again impressed me with your acting abilities until the very end. It was a memorable scene at the end when you look exactly how a man who had lost everything should look like as he wasted his years with broken wings.

IU - the charismatic character of Hae Soo was really nice and you have shown that you can be her and be loved by all the princes. Viewers shared your pains and longings. I appreciated your first love and it was a wonderful journey to be with you as you realized Wang So was the man you could finally give your heart and soul until your last breath.

Nam Joo Hyuk has the most charming appearance and character. His loss [twice] was unbearable but he was able to move on and pick up the pieces while staying loyal to So. Baek Ah will always be a favorite character of mine. How I wish your character will inspire any writer to write your own story and surely I will be the first to watch it.

Hong Jong Hyun - who would have thought you would be able to carry the villain character amazingly? Your progress as an actor and as Wang Yo was great. I loved your dying scene where you became vulnerable and was able to show your true emotions why you were ruthless. I still remember your excuse... that you were also only trying to survive. And oh boy, you got me there! Bravo!

Baek Hyun made the drama light but towards his end, the way his character Eun died put me in tears. I love how he had realized the worth of his wife before he died.


And to all the other Princes and characters of this drama, everything were put in their proper places, chemistry was good that's why the overall appeal and charisma of the drama is worth watching.

Until my next post....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review